ISO Vacuum Fittings Overview
The ISO range of flanges and fittings are manufactured from high quality stainless steel.
All configurations (shown Fig 2) use an ‘O’ ring seal (made of Nitrile or Viton) held in place by a centering ring & tightened together using wall clamps, double claw clamps or bolts.
There are various types of ISO flanges:
- ISO-K (clamp) flanges with a grooved ring for inserting wall clamps and double claw clamps are smaller and less expensive.
- ISO-F (fixed) flanges with a set of through-bore holes are pressed together with standard bolts. They are more stable than ISO-K flanges which enable them to mechanically support parts of the vacuum chamber.
- ISO bolt rings are used to make an ISO-K flange and ISO-F flange.
- Material: 304L Stainless steel
- Bakeable to 200’C (150’C continuous)
- Vacuum rating 1×10-8mbar
- Wide range of Elbows, Crosses & Tees are available
- Bored Flanges Are Available For Welding To Stainless Steel Tube
|NW of the flange||no. of required clamps|
- ISO-K flange fixed to vacuum chamber using wall clamps
- ISO-K flange fixed to ISO-F flange using wall clamps, nuts and washers
- Two ISO-K flanges fixed together using double claw clamps, which is the most commonly used configuration
- ISO-F flange fixed to vacuum chamber using bolts, washers and tapped blind holes
- ISO-K flange fixed to ISO-F flange using bolt rings, bolts, nuts and washers
- Two ISO-F flanges fixed together using bolts, nuts and washers